With a history spanning more than 120 years, MIGA is proud and passionate about the service and support they provide to their members and clients. As a leading, national indemnity insurer with its head office in Adelaide, they play a significant role in protecting and supporting their policyholders in their practice of healthcare. MIGA provides insurance protection backed by a range of services, which encompass insurance advice, risk management education, claims management and medico-legal support, advocacy and peer support.
They are a dynamic, multifaceted business seeking an Underwriting Manager based in Adelaide with passion and drive to support their business.
Your New Role
Reporting to MIGA’s National Manager – Underwriting, responsibilities include:
1) Healthcare portfolio (corporate entities)
Renewal underwriting and retention
Marketing and communications material
Meeting the Group’s annual budget for both new business and renewals
Quoting, reporting and referrals for the portfolio
2) Oversight of quoting and underwriting for all other product areas
3) Development of Staff Manuals, Underwriting Guidelines, Underwriting Checklists, Staff Training, Product Comparisons and Delegated Authorities for all product areas
4) Assisting in product development.
To be successful in this role you will have:
Strong quoting and underwriting experience
The ability to lead a product area (healthcare) which they are looking to grow significantly
Experience in leading a team
A proven track record in driving change coupled with great leadership skills
Patience and diplomacy - you will be leading a knowledgeable team and liaising with internal stakeholders
Tier 1 RG146 Qualification in General Insurance – general and personal advice (Diploma an advantage)
What MIGA offers
1) Be part of a professional and dynamic team and a growing organisation that is committed to service and quality
2) A modern office environment
3) Reward and Recognition:
Salary Package commensurate with role and experience
Bonuses in recognition of performance and business growth
Generous employee benefits, including above award Superannuation.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Johnson at EGM Executive Search for a confidential discussion or apply today.